Saturday, February 5, 2011

Learning how to like to cook!

Wanting to be a parent also means doing things you don’t necessarily want to do.  For me that would be cooking.  I find it boring and to be honest, why would you spend an hour cooking if it only takes you an average of 10 minutes to eat.
Now deciding to adopt obviously my view on this has changed.  I want my child to have a very healthy diet and the only way to do that is to cook and make sure the good stuff is being eaten.  I fear of obesity in our child because it’s so common now in the U.S.
So how did I finally figure out to like or at least tolerate cooking?  My good friend Kate, her blog is amazing.
Here is our breakfast this morning:

Looks crazy right?  Crazy delicious!  I find on her blog to be basically beginner friendly and so many great ideas.  She has an easy section and kid friendly section.  So while Jose does 99.9% of the cooking we both have decided to be committed to pick something new every weekend each and start cooking.  I will probably cook the breakfasts (because I am up at 7am, Lola is always waiting for some play time), and Jose will do the lunches or dinner.  I think it’s a good deal.  Not only has Kate’s blog inspire me to actually cook but maybe even possibly bake.  Who knows?  One step at a time, of course.  J
Now about our breakfast above, beautifully yummy looking huh?  Well it is.
What you will need is:
8 whole canned tomatoes
1 pound mushrooms, trimmed and halved
6 tablespoons olive oil
8 (1/2-inch thick) slices rustic country bread
1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
4 ounces thinly sliced smoked ham 
8 large eggs
* Note:  This amount makes 4 to 8 servings.                                     
Here is the link to her blog and the directions to the cooking.  You won’t be disappointed!
http://holajalapeno.blogspot.com/2011/01/roasted-tomato-and-mushroom-bruschetta.html

1 comment: