Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekend In Sequim

Jose and I in the horse barn

Jose and I went to Washington State to see my family to surprise my sister on her 25th birthday.  The surprise was great and she was happy.  We had to go because she got into WSU so I don’t know when the next time I will be able to see her.


Happy Birthday Melissa!!
While we were there my mom, my Aunt Wanda and Jose had a chat about adoption.  My mom is very excited about the possibility and a wonderful surprise my aunt is as well.  I just never know what to expect from anybody so when I get a positive response I definitely count my blessings.  We chatted about ages, what issues we can deal with or what we can’t deal with.  It was a very moving conversation (maybe because at that moment I was also going through pictures of my sister and I while we were growing up.  For me, having my family stand with us in the decision emotional and powerful.  My mom made sure to tell us that no matter if the child is biological or adopted, that child will always be loved by them.  My heart sank.  It’s only a little over a week away before orientation and the time has actually flied by. 



While we were visiting Jose and I were walking around looking at the Olympic Mtns, watching the horses run around  and of course trying to stay clear from my family’s evil chickens (I have never liked them, I have a very dark past with chickens).  I realized how lucky I am with the family I have.  I and my sister are both gay and my family is there whole heartedly.  It makes me excited to make my parents, grandparents.  My mom can’t wait to have a child in the family again; there hasn’t been one since my sister grew up.  I sure hope this week and 3 days go by fast.  I just can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment