Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Lola!

(Lola's first picture, on our way home from picking her up)

Today you turn 2 years old and I can hardly believe it.  I still remember the day we brought you home.  You were a “heavy” 1 ½ lbs.  Little did we know you would not only change our lives, but also teach us so many life lessons in the short time we have had you. I can’t imagine what the next 20 years are going to be like.

(The first time she fell asleep on me)


In the first 2 weeks and 2 emergency room visits our bond was nothing we have ever felt before.  Right off the bat we became dedicated to you and loving you more everyday and that has been very easy to do.

(Hiking)

You have always been such a good dog.  Here are my top reasons why you are so amazing to us:
  • You know all the tricks: sit, wait, down, roll over, and the newly taught trick – shake
  • You come when we call you (even if you don't want to, I can tell by the way you look at us)
  • When we go for our walks you now stop at every corner and wait for me to say OK before you cross the street
  • You are such a cuddle-bug and that tugs on our heart strings (but you already know that)
  • The way you get so excited when we have your favorite treat and before we can tell you what trick to do you perform every single one in about 2 seconds
  • You are always so happy and smiling
  • I personally love how you know I am running a bath for you and you get excited.  It’s about time you like your baths 
  • This is our favorite:  When we are about to go out and about for the day and you see either one of us bring out your bag (because you are always with us), we put your bag down just for a second to grab something and when we come back you are already in your bag, looking up at us – smiling
Of course there is so many other reasons why you are perfect for our family but these are just a few.

(Cuddling with her cousin Rupie)

Ms. Lola, because of you our family has grown closer and stronger in ways that are inspiring to us.  You have taught us that together we want our family to grow even more than just the three of us.  Jose has never had a dog before you.  In fact I had to beg him for 2 years to get a puppy and the deal was he could pick our new addition.  He found you.  He saw you once and that was it.  He made the best choice possible.  I see the way he looks at you; he looks at you with so much love and care.  When I catch that look it makes me realize how good of a Papi he will be alongside me for our own child.   

(Halloween 2010)

(Christmas 2010)

Thank you so much for everything you have done for us.  Like I said before, we love you more every day.  We honestly could not imagine our lives without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment